Have you ever tried buckwheat bread? Such pastries have a unique taste, with light nutty notes. In this article, we will talk about the beneficial properties and rich component composition of buckwheat, as well as about where can I get buckwheat bread.
In addition, if you prefer to buy bread not in the store, but bake it yourself, we will tell you how you can make bread with buckwheat using a multicooker or a bread machine at home.
Properties of buckwheat bread
Such an important plant for all modern humankind as buckwheat people began to use for the first time in the process of cooking more than 5,000 years ago. It is noteworthy that India is considered the homeland of buckwheat, from where the plant spread throughout Asia, and in addition to the Middle East. Currently, buckwheat can be considered the most widespread and cultivated plant species.
Sowing buckwheat, the name is also common, or edible refers to a species of herbaceous plants, eaten into one family of the same name. Sowing buckwheat is considered an important cereal crop. Various food products are made from buckwheat, including flour. Useful buckwheat bread and other bakery products are made from buckwheat flour. Interestingly, buckwheat bread is considered not only healthy, but also nutritious food. Therefore, if you are tired of ordinary white loaves, you can buy buckwheat bread and thus diversify your diet with a tasty and healthy product.
As a rule, in addition to the floor of the same name, buckwheat bread contains wheat flour. The calorie content of buckwheat bread can vary depending on the original composition of the ingredients used to make the baked product. Yet, the average calorie content of buckwheat bread is at around 228 Kcal, which is per 100 grams of the product.
Buckwheat bread is rich in various vitamins and minerals. In particular, it contains:
- Potassium – helps the body regulate blood pressure.
- Calcium – is the main constituent of our bones.
- Magnesium – essential for maintaining calcium, potassium and sodium homeostasis.
- Phosphorus – essential for the mineralization of bones and teeth.
- Iron – ensures the course of redox reactions
- Manganese – essential for the synthesis of cholesterol and nucleotides.
- Copper – stimulates the absorption of proteins and carbohydrates.
- Selenium – participates in the regulation of the action of thyroid hormones.
- Zinc – participates in the processes of synthesis and breakdown of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, nucleic acids and in the regulation of the expression of a number of genes.
Thus, the benefits of eating buckwheat bread are obvious. However, for reasons that are not entirely clear, finding it in stores can be quite difficult. Therefore, if you want to know where can I get buckwheat bread, then you probably have to visit more than one store to find it.
How can you make bread with buckwheat on your own?
Buckwheat bread in a slow cooker
To prepare buckwheat bread in a slow cooker, it takes only fifty minutes for preparation and fifty minutes for the cooking process. In order to bake bread weighing 600 grams, you will need:
- 300 grams of wheat flour,
- 100 grams of buckwheat flour,
- 1 and a half teaspoons of fast-acting yeast,
- 300 milliliters of forty-degree water,
- 1 teaspoon with a slide of salt,
- 1 tablespoon with a slide of sugar,
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil.
The first thing to do is to prepare a dough, for this you need to combine one hundred grams of wheat flour with salt, sugar and dry yeast, add water, mix thoroughly and leave in a warm place for twenty minutes. After the dough has come up (the volume has doubled), add buckwheat flour, the remaining wheat flour, vegetable oil to it and knead as high quality as possible.
As a result, the dough should be smooth and elastic. We put it in a multicooker bowl and leave it for another twenty minutes (at a temperature of 40 degrees). After the dough has come, select the “Baking” mode, set it for thirty minutes, after this time has passed, the loaf must be turned over and baked for another twenty minutes.
Buckwheat bread in a bread maker
To make bread from buckwheat flour in a bread maker you will need:
- 1 tsp. fast-acting dry yeast,
- 300 grams of whole-grain wheat flour of the 1st grade,
- 100 grams of high-quality buckwheat flour,
- 1 tablespoon of salt,
- 2 1 tablespoon of sugar,
- 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil (unrefined).
- 280 milliliters of warm water.
On the bread maker, you need to select the appropriate program; the preliminary cooking time in the bread maker is four hours. Step-by-step recipe: all the ingredients must be loaded into the bowl of the bread maker in the order indicated in the recipe. Start the main bread kneading mode. During the kneading process, watch the dough, you may need to add either flour, or oil or water.
Take out the finished ball from the dough and form a neat box yourself, put the ball back into the bowl (you can remove the knife from it), close the lid on the bread machine. It is important – until fully prepared, do not open the lid again. There are many options for making bread in the bread maker, you need to try and experiment, perhaps you will like some bread recipe.
Where can I buy buckwheat bread?
If buckwheat bread is not sold in stores near your home, and you do not have the time or desire to cook it yourself, then you can always buy buckwheat bread online.
After you place your order, a courier will deliver fresh, freshly baked bread right to your door.